Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone orange dot

So all of my microphone access are turned off and I have no open apps, yet my phone is indicating that my microphone is being used!! Any advice or guidance as if it is being used this is rather unsettling

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 3:01 PM

First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If no better

Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If it is still there do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup. If that fixes it then it is probably a rogue app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Camakaito02

First try a Forced restart

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If no better

Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If it is still there do step (2) again but set up as new without restoring any backup. If that fixes it then it is probably a rogue app.

Microphone orange dot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.