Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to have two PDFs open on a screen in preview

Ever since the last update preview hasn't been allowing me to have two fullscreen pdfs on a screen together with the Always Show Sidebar switched on.

I can only have two fullscreen pdfs on a screen together so long as the sidebar isn't turned on. When I try to turn the sidebar on the screen glitches for a second then the sidebar turns itself off.

When I try to put two pdfs when either one or both have the sidebar turned on they just refuse to go together and sometimes a symbol would pop up indicating that that action isn't possible.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 5:56 AM

selene114 wrote:

Ever since the last update preview hasn't been allowing me to have two fullscreen pdfs on a screen together with the Always Show Sidebar switched on.
I can only have two fullscreen pdfs on a screen together so long as the sidebar isn't turned on. When I try to turn the sidebar on the screen glitches for a second then the sidebar turns itself off.
When I try to put two pdfs when either one or both have the sidebar turned on they just refuse to go together and sometimes a symbol would pop up indicating that that action isn't possible.

Preview>Preferences>

make some changes >open files in it's own window...

Preview User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

View PDFs and images in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 5:56 AM in response to selene114

selene114 wrote:

Preview>Preferences>

make some changes >open files in it's own window...

Preview User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

View PDFs and images in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

Unable to have two PDFs open on a screen in preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.