Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 14 inch battery issue

hi,

I just purchased a 14 inch macbook pro m1 pro from 2021 a couple of days ago.

I noticed the battery being drained. I deleted Chrome and switched to Edge and get this from the activity monitor, which seems very strange.

Is this normal? How can I check whether the battery capacity is full or anything needs to optimised? (I did the diagnostics from apple's website and everything seemed normal)

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 5:50 AM

ycleyendecker wrote:

hi,

I noticed the battery being drained. I deleted Chrome and switched to Edge and get this from the activity monitor, which seems very strange.

Is this normal? How can I check whether the battery capacity is full or anything needs to optimised? (I did the diagnostics from apple's website and everything seemed normal)

//:0
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4b8a299c-f829-4f66-b853-333c8f485125

I would just use it and observe the behavior over the course of a few days under varying conditions.

You do not need to micro-manage the battery.

The rule of thumb if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on the battery only.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 5:50 AM in response to ycleyendecker

ycleyendecker wrote:

hi,

//:0
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4b8a299c-f829-4f66-b853-333c8f485125

I would just use it and observe the behavior over the course of a few days under varying conditions.

You do not need to micro-manage the battery.

The rule of thumb if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on the battery only.

About battery health management in Mac notebooks w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Macbook Pro 14 inch battery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.