Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The side button on my iPad is broken. Can I set it up in setting to buy apps

The side button on my iPad Pro is broken. Is there anyway to purchase an app without the button working.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 11:44 AM

If any of the physical buttons of your device do not work, your device will require repair.

The physical buttons must be used to trigger a variety of actions - such as a forced-restart, DFU Recovery and acknowledgement of purchases. If you are unable to trigger these actions, it is only a matter of time before you encounter a situation from which you cannot recover.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 11:44 AM in response to tulsa1

If any of the physical buttons of your device do not work, your device will require repair.

The physical buttons must be used to trigger a variety of actions - such as a forced-restart, DFU Recovery and acknowledgement of purchases. If you are unable to trigger these actions, it is only a matter of time before you encounter a situation from which you cannot recover.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

The side button on my iPad is broken. Can I set it up in setting to buy apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.