Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing Apple TV with iphone remote

Hi,

I lost my Apple TV remote and want to use the one available on my iPhone in Control Center, but I am unable to pair it. When I try, I need to type the 4-digit code (that pops up on the iPhone screen) on the Apple TV itself, but I obviously can’t do that without a remote... Any tips on how to solve this?

Thanks!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 9:41 AM

On 3rd gen or older Apple TV you will need a physical remote to pair as it requires navigating the Apple TV to enter the code. The remote would also be required if the Apple TV needs to be setup on a network, regardless of model. If you are unable to borrow one then a replacement can be purchased from Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Jules2411

On 3rd gen or older Apple TV you will need a physical remote to pair as it requires navigating the Apple TV to enter the code. The remote would also be required if the Apple TV needs to be setup on a network, regardless of model. If you are unable to borrow one then a replacement can be purchased from Apple.

Pairing Apple TV with iphone remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.