Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device Info & Phone both show an incorrect phone number.

How do I update this information? I've already added a new number in the "contactable at" section, but this hasn't done anything. I've reset my phone, I've removed and replaced my SIM card.

Any idea how to update this number?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 10:23 AM

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage  

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 10:23 AM in response to Nathanael-M

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. Look in the Security section when signed in online. You may have to add the new number before you can remove the old number. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage  

Device Info & Phone both show an incorrect phone number.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.