Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple I'd phone number wrong

I changed sim cards a month ago then ported my old number over. However my phone is showing the wrong phone number under device info but the right number is registered under my apple ID. I am getting messages saying my number will expire. How can I correct this.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 1:22 PM

You will need to change your phone number for FaceTime and messages, here is how to do that:

• First remove your old phone number:On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID at the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

After that, add your new one:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.

1. In the "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 1:22 PM in response to lottie92

You will need to change your phone number for FaceTime and messages, here is how to do that:

• First remove your old phone number:On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID at the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

After that, add your new one:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.

1. In the "You can receive iMessages to and Reply From" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Apple I'd phone number wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.