Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have reset my i phone . post completion of reset i tune asked me to log in with apple id. I did that but after putting my apple user id a pop came saying I can not go ahead with this id .

I have reset my i phone . post completion of reset, i tune asked me to log in with apple id. I did that but after putting my apple user id a pop up came saying I can not go ahead with this id . wts next step to use i phone post reset

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 12:39 PM

Did you use the same Apple ID that was used to initially setup the iPhone?

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple device if it's ever lost or stolen.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the device is useless to you or anyone else. Try to get a refund (through eBay) or dispose of the device properly.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2022 12:39 PM in response to bindu134

Did you use the same Apple ID that was used to initially setup the iPhone?

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple device if it's ever lost or stolen.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the device is useless to you or anyone else. Try to get a refund (through eBay) or dispose of the device properly.

I have reset my i phone . post completion of reset i tune asked me to log in with apple id. I did that but after putting my apple user id a pop came saying I can not go ahead with this id .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.