You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files and Applications are misslocated in Finder after update Monterey 12.3

I just updated to macOS Monterey 12.3. After the update, everything looks fine. But when I clicked on Finder > Applications, all of my previously installed apps are located in Macintosh HD.

Here is what shown in Applications folder. Basic system applications. Located in Macintosh HD - Data

and

here is what shown in Applications folder located in Macintosh HD

when I clicked the application in the Macintosh HD's folder, it execute an installation. Like a fresh new app installation.

Why is this happening and how can I solve this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 12:31 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 17, 2022 10:13 AM in response to kerolM

Hi kerolM,

To get a clearer picture of your issue, did your apps split into two different Applications folders after updating or has this been the way you've always used to access your apps? Do all of the apps in this folder behave as you described or just a few? Does moving the app to another location provide a different result?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care.

Files and Applications are misslocated in Finder after update Monterey 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.