Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Time Sensitive Message Failed to Send

I have been having a recurring issue that seems to be at random times and in random frequencies. After the last iOS update is when this issue began happening. It says:

"Time Sensitive

Message Failed to Send

The message failed to send."

When this error occurs, some of my messages will randomly send, and some will not. I am unable to find a rhyme or reason. Attached is a screenshot.

I have an iPhone 8 with iOS 15.3.1

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 8:18 AM

My messages have been invaded by the message Time Sensitive Failure of message to send and yet each time the message has been successfully sent. It’s happening all the time now. I have the iPhone 8 . It’s driving me nuts. How can I fix this please.

74 replies

May 1, 2022 12:01 PM in response to mario49

I understand what you stated that is happening to alot of us

Are you able to send text messages normally?

Are these failed messages sent to a specific contact?

Yet you suggest to shut off the notification sent back to us. ?

It states on the reuturn message that it failed to deliver it to the person.

Why would I turn off that message telling me it didn't get delievered?

Mar 17, 2022 10:31 AM in response to Notched

Hi Notched,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. It seems like you are receiving Time Sensitive notifications. Check to see if you have it enabled in Settings > Focus and disable it and see if the issue persists. The second article can help if there is an issue sending messages.

Are you able to send text messages normally?

Are these failed messages sent to a specific contact?

"When you first set up a Focus, you can turn on Time Sensitive Notifications to allow people and apps to notify you immediately, even when you have a Focus turned on. Here's how:

1. Go to Settings > Focus.
  2. Select the Focus, then tap Apps under Allowed Notifications.
  3. Turn on Time Sensitive."

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Jun 11, 2023 5:44 AM in response to Notched

I was getting the same error each time I would turn on my IPhone 13 ( Ios 16.5 )

I could not see any reason why it was occurring and the message had been deleted.

I then found out deleted messages are in fact stored and available in some backup area.

I then deleted all these old backup messages and the Notification pop up no longer appeared when I started the phone

Feb 16, 2024 4:52 AM in response to Wine-zin

This is happening to me now I have the iPhone 15 Pro Max up-to-date and just one day it decided to not let me send messages saying time sensitive. Anyways usually the text will go through if I try to send it a few times or retype it and send it a few times. Did you end up finding a way to fix this because This whole fixing problem is definitely not possible for me either because I don’t put that **** on my phone but yeah if you have a fix, please let me know, thank you ♥︎

May 1, 2024 11:37 AM in response to mario49

What the heck is focus. It has not always been there and now my messages keep saying time sensitive - cannot send.

1. What is Focus
  2. What does time sensitive mean
  3. how do I get rid of it so i can send messages to my daughter?

Please answer all 3 questions. I have read all the answers and it seems that your AI does not understand what everyone is asking. I do not want to send time sensative info. I am retired, I do not use my phone for work. I use it for family time.

Time Sensitive Message Failed to Send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.