Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Light rapidly blinking

How do I fix my Apple TV when the light rapidly blinking?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 3:19 PM

Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do the external restore themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance. There may be other options besides a visit to the Apple Store.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 3:19 PM in response to Timyorkjr84

Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do the external restore themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance. There may be other options besides a visit to the Apple Store.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

Mar 17, 2022 12:06 AM in response to Timyorkjr84

Hi Tim,

I believe this means it’s in recovery mode. The following advice assumes you cannot access menus/you’re getting no video from the AppleTV.

• I’ve read in the discussions that you can unplug it for 1 minute, plug it back in, see what happens (if rapid flashing light goes away). I don’t know if it’ll work but it’s worth a try.

• if it’s an AppleTV 4K, it’ll require a trip to your local Apple Store. They should be able to get it out of recovery mode. If it’s not a 4K model/older model with a USB, there is a reset process via that USB port with a Mac or PC.

Light rapidly blinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.