Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excel Hangs Every 60 Seconds

Hello,

I am using a MacBook Air (2017) and I'm on 12.2.1 OS. I have approximately 40GB free. I use MS Office 360.

When I use Excel I get the spinning beach ball every 60 seconds or so. Activity Monitor shows Excel using around 120% CPU. Once in a while I get the spinning ball when I use Firefox.

I ran the disk utility and the problem is still happening. What can I do now?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 9:22 AM

Updte your Office to current if not already, restart macOS snd Microsoft Office and try again, disable any add-on anti-malware apps or anti-virus apps or add-on VPN apps per vendors’ instructions and removal tools and try again, reboot through Safe Mode and try again, then check with the Microsoft forums and then Microsoft Support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 9:22 AM in response to Abrasrose

Updte your Office to current if not already, restart macOS snd Microsoft Office and try again, disable any add-on anti-malware apps or anti-virus apps or add-on VPN apps per vendors’ instructions and removal tools and try again, reboot through Safe Mode and try again, then check with the Microsoft forums and then Microsoft Support.

Excel Hangs Every 60 Seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.