Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Siri requests are corrupt (Shambles)

S/W 15.4

Siri is no longer playing nicely with HomePod & HomePod Mini's.

Here’s just a few examples of Siri's failures from last couple of days…

# Goodnight scene no longer works - Now Siri just replies something like... “Nighty Night” or “Goodnight”

# Request…”Desk Light” - now Siri replies...“Which room?”. There’s always been just 1 desk light

# No longer able to execute… “skip track” on HomePod in Dining Room, but can on HomePod Mini in the kitchen

# No longer able to execute…”Don’t play this track again” on HomePod in Dining Room, but can on HomePod Mini in the kitchen

# Request…”Kitchen Lights” - Siri's response now is…”I’ve set the lights to xx%” 

# Request…”Kitchen” - Siri's response is…”It’s dark in the kitchen”. No it isn’t, I have just turned the lights on and its the middle of the day with bright blue sky outside.

Many other requests return… “Ummh that’s taking too long” / “Somethings gone wrong”

Same requests on iPhone - almost always no problem.

It seems like it’s getting worse with the last 4 updates

Siriously (see what I did there?) come on Apple, this is embarrassing to the point of why even bother. Shudder to think how much spent on Apple Hardware, which is lovely, but if the software stinks then what’s the point?

5 minute Google Search produces sooooooo many Posts on this Forum and elsewhere.

Anyone ideas on workarounds, whilst wait for yet another Update? Seems like HomePod Reset makes zero difference.

HomePod mini

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 1:00 AM

So I had another Post where several people were experiencing the same / similar issues as myself.

It appears that a combination of last software update and “recreating” broken scenes has had some success.

My solution did come from tips from other Users.

…Until the next update.

Thanks again.

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 21, 2022 10:56 AM in response to mariotheplumber

I repeat it's a shambles! And every update introduces something new and usually senselessly stupid. Example...

# Request…”Kitchen Lights or Kitchen” - Siri's previously toggled the state of the lights, e.g.: if they were on - then Siri would turn them off vice versa. This request works with all other room, simply state the "Room/Zone/ Group" and the state is toggled on OR off.

...But since the last update the wording now has to be specific... "Hey Siri, Kitchen Lights On / Off". Why? Nothing's changed on my setup. So why only one room effected?

I don't need another Emoji, what I do need is reliability and consistency.

HomePod Siri requests are corrupt (Shambles)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.