You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand MIDI notes disappearing when copied

Device: Mac mini (Late 2012)

Processor: 2.5 Ghz Dual Core Intel i-5

Memory: 8 GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Additional Storage: 500 GB SSD Connect via USB-2

StartUp Disk: Macintosh HD

Graphics Intel Hd Graphics 4000 1536 MB

GarageBand 10.3.5

I am recently having issues with MIDI tracks that I have recorded via USB Keyboard M-Audio Keystation 49e into my new GarageBand project. When recording, the MIDI notes go correctly into the track verse region and remain there when I save the project. However; if I copy those notes from that verse and attempt to paste them into the track for the next verse, half of the notes simply disappear from the middle of the copied region.

In addition to that issue; MIDI regions within a track sometimes refuse to be re-sized when grabbed by the resizing handles at the ends of the region.

Since I recently updated my OS to Catalina, I wonder if that is the cause of issues within GarageBand.

Please advise. Thank You.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

MacBook, 10.13

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 10:19 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 18, 2022 1:11 PM in response to najrellim

Hi najrellim,

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities, let's get you pointed in the right direction for help with GarageBand.

Apple Support can be reached by going to Get Support.Also, there is GarageBand Support page available too. Here you will also find a user guide for the Mac, and in most cases the macOS version you are using.

Either of these two links should help you get the issue resolved you are seeing with copying the MIDI files.

Have a great day!

GarageBand MIDI notes disappearing when copied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.