Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new Faulty Iphone 13 Pro

Ana-Maria Quevedo Rico

05:30 (hace 23 minutos)

para mí

I recently bought an iPhone 13 pro in November and I have realised that my Siri is not working. I have recently left Australia temporarily to work overseas in Colombia for 1 year and I am currently not in the country. I went to an Apple Store in Bogota and they performed some tests and they said that the left microphone was not working this was the reason Siri was not working. They asked me to send the phone away to be repaired, but in the contract that they wanted me to sign it said I might loose my 5 G network when they replace the parts. As I mentioned I am only here temporarily in Colombia and I do require my 5G network to be available when I return to Australia in 12 month time. But my warranty would have expired by then.

I spoke with a senior manager of Latino America which was unable to give me any solution to my problem, even though I said what if Apple gave me an extended warranty only for this particular issue so when I return to Australia I can get it fixed. He said that the only solution was to get it fixed in Bogota and loose the 5G network and he couldn't provide any more options.

Just to clarify too this is a manufacturing fault. It was sold to me with a defect, this phone didn't go through the correct quality control processes in order to be sold to a customer. And I should not have to pay for a fault that was a result of the manufacturing issue. As I mentioned this is a brand new phone with 5G technology available upon purchase, this phone is less than 4 months old.

I would like all the features I have on my phone to be available upon the repair of my phone.

I am still within my 12 month warranty of purchase.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 4:34 PM

It’s definitely an unfortunate situation that you got a phone with a defect but that is why Apple gives its one year warranty against manufactured defects. However warranties are country specific because there’s multiple models out there to meet each country‘s laws and regulations. That means if you take it to another country they may be limited or unable to do any warranty repairs because the device and warranty are for another country.

You’ll have two options. First continue with letting the current provider send it out with the possibility of losing 5G. Second at your own cost ship the phone back to a friend or family member in the same country bought it from and have them take it in for service then ship it back to you.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2022 4:34 PM in response to AnaQR

It’s definitely an unfortunate situation that you got a phone with a defect but that is why Apple gives its one year warranty against manufactured defects. However warranties are country specific because there’s multiple models out there to meet each country‘s laws and regulations. That means if you take it to another country they may be limited or unable to do any warranty repairs because the device and warranty are for another country.

You’ll have two options. First continue with letting the current provider send it out with the possibility of losing 5G. Second at your own cost ship the phone back to a friend or family member in the same country bought it from and have them take it in for service then ship it back to you.

Brand new Faulty Iphone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.