You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cAN I LEAVE MY AIRPODS ON AT THE HOUSE AND HEAR THROUGH THEM!?

i want to be able to leave my airpods by the door of my house, and see if i can hear anybody walk in!?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 12:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 1:01 PM

Hello Stepan97,

I did some research and found out that technically its not possible except when your iOS is on Phone call and your AirPods are on your ears because of Auto-Ear detection it might not be possible as per Change the settings of your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support. Maybe you need to turn off Auto-Ear detection and try if it works.

Also AirPods are not active for use when on charging case so you will need to take them out from charging case because when case is open while AirPods are inside, it will only stays ready to connect as per Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2022 1:01 PM in response to stepan97

Hello Stepan97,

I did some research and found out that technically its not possible except when your iOS is on Phone call and your AirPods are on your ears because of Auto-Ear detection it might not be possible as per Change the settings of your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support. Maybe you need to turn off Auto-Ear detection and try if it works.

Also AirPods are not active for use when on charging case so you will need to take them out from charging case because when case is open while AirPods are inside, it will only stays ready to connect as per Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

cAN I LEAVE MY AIRPODS ON AT THE HOUSE AND HEAR THROUGH THEM!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.