Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slide over window drag feature not working on iPad with mouse or trackpad since iPad OS 15.4

Hi,

I’ve noted when creating a slide over window on my iPad that I can no longer drag the window from the right to the left side of my screen (or vice versa) via my magic keyboard track pad or mouse. I can still create a slide over window, scroll through other open slide over windows, and make it “disappear”, but I can no longer move it around the screen. It does work however when I use my finger instead. This is a new issue since I updated to iPad OS 15.4. I’m wondering if it is related to the new universal control feature that they introduced? Is anyone else having this issue?

For remedies, I’ve restarted the iPad, removed the iPad from the magic keyboard, disconnected and reconnected the mouse and keyboard from bluetooth. Nothing working. Seems like a bug in the latest update to me. I’d welcome any thoughts.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 2:30 PM

13 replies

Mar 18, 2022 5:52 PM in response to tzf

You need to search online for your nearest, “local” Apple store location and call contact phone numbers and call to make an appointment to have your Apple iPad diagnosed and options presented you.

Failing that,

You need to contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Hardware Repair and/or Device Performance support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

OR

Call contact Apple via the support numbers found in the link bekow.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Tap the link below.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Best of Luck to You!

Mar 18, 2022 5:42 PM in response to tzf

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros, 2020 iPad Air 4 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 models.

1. Press and release the volume up button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button.

3. Then, press and hold the single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

Mar 23, 2022 12:45 PM in response to Dergroch

To all,

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros, 2020 iPad Air 4 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 models.

1. Press and release the volume up button.

2. Then immediately press and release the volume down button.

3. Then, press and hold the single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

Mar 31, 2022 1:20 PM in response to tzf

Unfortunately with the last update the slide over feature of the trackpad has been disabled. I use to use this feature all the time. I now have to reach and slide from the right side of the screen with my finger. I think this is due to the new universal control feature which is messing around with the functionality. It keeps looking for an external monitor or a mac rather then picking up the apps in slide over. This really takes away from the experience of using multitasking on the ipad.

Slide over window drag feature not working on iPad with mouse or trackpad since iPad OS 15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.