Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1300 email indicator click mail get no messages selected

March hat red dot with # 1 inside . Mail was still working. Tried to find out what the msg indicator meant. After trying to chang different settings the red msg indicator disappeared. Now every time I hit mail I get no messages selected. The number on the Mail icon is 1300.

I don’t know what I did or how to fix it. If I go to settings and click on mail then click on iCloud mail the Home Screen appears. I need help. I have an iPhone 7 Plus

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 2:22 PM

Hi Redhat987,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Do any of your email accounts still work or is it just iCloud email?

Let's start with the steps from this resource: If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

1. "Check your Internet connection. Open apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. To see if you can receive mail for your iCloud email on another device, go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC. 
  3. Make sure that you turned on Mail in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Mail.
  4. Make sure that new data is pushed to your device automatically. In iOS 14 or later, tap Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data, then turn on Push. In iOS 13 or earlier, tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data, then turn on Push. 
      • Send an email to your account to see if Push is working.
      • In Fetch New Data, tap your iCloud account and turn on Push. You can only use Push with one account at a time. 
  1. Turn your device off and back on. 
  2. If you still can't send or receive mail, turn off the settings in steps 3 and 4, restart your device, then turn them back on. "

These steps should resolve the issue or at least help us isolate the problem. Let us know the results.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 2:22 PM in response to Redhat987

Hi Redhat987,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Do any of your email accounts still work or is it just iCloud email?

Let's start with the steps from this resource: If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

1. "Check your Internet connection. Open apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. To see if you can receive mail for your iCloud email on another device, go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC. 
  3. Make sure that you turned on Mail in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Mail.
  4. Make sure that new data is pushed to your device automatically. In iOS 14 or later, tap Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data, then turn on Push. In iOS 13 or earlier, tap Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data, then turn on Push. 
      • Send an email to your account to see if Push is working.
      • In Fetch New Data, tap your iCloud account and turn on Push. You can only use Push with one account at a time. 
  1. Turn your device off and back on. 
  2. If you still can't send or receive mail, turn off the settings in steps 3 and 4, restart your device, then turn them back on. "

These steps should resolve the issue or at least help us isolate the problem. Let us know the results.

Cheers!

Mar 19, 2022 6:32 AM in response to Redhat987

Hey Redhat987,

Thanks for the reply, and additional information.

If we're understanding correctly, you've got the Mail app working for all email providers, except iCloud mail.

What comes to mind here is that you may have reached your iCloud storage limit. This would make sense for not being able to retrieve new email.

If you run out of iCloud storage
When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5GB of free storage. You can use that storage for backups, Mail, iCloud PhotosiCloud Drive, and more. If you run out of iCloud storage, you won't be able to send or receive emails with your iCloud Mail address. If you need more space in iCloud, you can make more space or upgrade to iCloud+ any time.

Mailbox size and message sending limits in iCloud

Have you received any iCloud storage notifications?

Here's some help with managing your iCloud storage:

Make more space available in iCloud
If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won’t back up to iCloud, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photos, and iCloud Drive, other iCloud apps, and messages won't stay up to date across your devices. And you also won't be able to send or receive emails with your iCloud email address.
You can free up storage in iCloud by deleting content that you're not using:
° Reduce the size of your iCloud Backup
° Delete photos in iCloud Photos
° Delete folders or files in iCloud Drive
° Delete texts and attachments in Messages
° Delete messages and manage Mail
° Delete voice memos
Before you delete anything, you might want to archive or make copies of the information that you store in iCloud.

Manage your iCloud storage

Take care!

1300 email indicator click mail get no messages selected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.