Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book pro 14" battery issue

Laptop turns off after 7 % (on battery power). After this when plug to power it has 6 % battery.  It's brand new and has charged only 2-3 times. When it is fully charged it works great. but after 7 % there is this problem.

Do I have only this issue? How it possible to fix?

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 5:10 AM

If "brand new" means it's still under warranty, have Apple evaluate it for a battery replacement under warranty.

However, shutting down at very low battery level is not necessarily a bad thing. 7% may be a bit early, but how much use do you actually get for 7% to 0%? If it were me, and of course it's not, and the Mac is otherwise operating properly I'd consider it as "enhanced battery safety".

But again, if you can't live with it, get it to Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 5:10 AM in response to irakli2048

If "brand new" means it's still under warranty, have Apple evaluate it for a battery replacement under warranty.

However, shutting down at very low battery level is not necessarily a bad thing. 7% may be a bit early, but how much use do you actually get for 7% to 0%? If it were me, and of course it's not, and the Mac is otherwise operating properly I'd consider it as "enhanced battery safety".

But again, if you can't live with it, get it to Apple.

Mac book pro 14" battery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.