Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Goodnight scene

Since updating everything to ios15.4 iPhone’s,iPad’s,I watches,HomePod OG’s,HomePod minis my goodnight scene in HomeKit no longer works , normally it was ,”hey Siri goodnight” and all lights TVs and HomePods would turn off or pause now after update Siri replies with goodnight and doesn’t activate the he scene. I have removed the scene and remade it but still doesn’t work how can I fix this

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 1:01 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Mar 18, 2022 7:15 PM in response to DCD996

Hello DCD996,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You've tried some great troubleshooting steps already. Next, have a look at Create scenes and automations with the Home app and Control your home with Siri to make sure that everything is set up correctly.

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on each device and that they are connected to Wi-Fi. It might help to isolate where this occurs if you ask Siri to control each accessory individually. For example, ask Siri to turn off the lights, then turn off each TV, etc.

Restart each device. Download the manufacturer's app for each device or if already downloaded, make sure that it is up-to-date in the App Store.

Have a great day!

Mar 22, 2022 10:04 PM in response to DCD996

This happened to me a few days ago too. I found a temporary solution but I hope they fix it, this is a big fail on apples part.

You have to say “hey Siri, RUN goodnight” or “hey Siri, RUN I’m going to bed” and then it works. Even saying “I’m going to bed scene” didn’t seem to help, but RUN seemed to kick it.

Hope they fix this soon.

May 6, 2022 1:44 AM in response to DCD996

Come on Apple! You've really dropped the ball when it comes to Siri and HomeKit. Both are inferior to their alternatives but I can understand that. Having teams work together to ensure the level of integration that Apple is known for, will definitely slow down development. This however means that you have no excuses when your inferior products/services don't just work.

I've used Siri to run Good night or Good morning scenes but with iOS 15.4 there is no way to run either through Siri. No matter how I say the command, Siri will just respond for example 'And good morning to you too'. It will just pick up the words 'good morning' or 'good night' and ignore anything else that suggests that it's an actual command ("Hey Siri, run the Good morning scene"). This literally means that Siri just became more stupid.

This problem was posted Mar 18th - I wonder if Apple can do anything to fix it before two months have passed...

Goodnight scene

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.