Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I search the iTunes Store?

In Music version 1.2.3.56 (macOS Monterey 12.3), the search function is only working on the library.

I can't find a way to search the iTunes Store.

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 9:11 AM

Hello, I've done exactly as suggested above, yet I can still only search for music on my Mac Air (early 2015) and not in the iTunes store. I'm running Monterey 12.2.1 and Music 12.2.40. I do not have an Apple Music subscrition. Any futher advice appreciated.

2 replies

Mar 19, 2022 9:12 AM in response to MarcGib

Hi MarcGib,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! You'll want to ensure you select the the iTunes Store button in the upper-right corner of the Music app on your Mac. If you do not see the iTunes Store button, from the Music app, go to the top menu bar, select Music > Preferences > General tab, from here make sure that show iTunes Store is checked marked. The following article also has all the steps that can help, specifically the section "Buy music from the iTunes Store in the Apple Music app on your Mac":

Buy music from the iTunes Store in the Apple Music app on your Mac

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

How do I search the iTunes Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.