Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing text

I clicked a link on a phishing text & started to complete information on my iPhone but got suspicious so stopped before paying any money or pressing send, is my data under threat

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 8:38 AM

See the following Apple articles:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 19, 2022 11:56 AM in response to Today-18

Today-18 wrote:

I clicked a link on a phishing text & started to complete information on my iPhone but got suspicious so stopped before paying any money or pressing send, is my data under threat

Potentially, yes.

If you entered a credit card number in an input field, watch that card for (unauthorized) charges.

If you provided a password or other credentials, change the passwords now.

If you provided an email address, more spam to that email address is possible, and potentially also phishing related to whatever scheme this was.

Put differently, yes, websites can acquire text before pressing the submit button, if the website is coded to do that.

Phishing text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.