Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad randomly will not turn on, it gets stuck saying that the battery is low and to plug in, I plugged it in and let it set, nothing, so I hold down the home button and lock sleep button for multiple minutes, and still nothing. What do I do?

So, iPad Air will not turn on.

i plug it in and let it charge with an apple certified charger. Still gives me the plug in symbol, the charger port is clean, its just a iPad for zoom meetings, it only gets used occasionally and is updated regularly, it’s relatively new, I purchased brand new beginning of 2020.

tried pressing and holding both sleep and home buttons at the same time for multiple ministers and still nothing.

I plug it in to the computer and it won’t even recognize it on iTunes.

what else can I try? Any recommendations?

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 10:55 PM

Hello there, AlyB3ast

Thank you for using Apple support

First, try using a different outlet, reset the outlet, or just use a different power cube if you have one. If the icon it lighting up, then it’s not an outlet problem. You can visit here for some things you can try that are likely to fix your issue If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If you could please tell me your device model, I can help you narrow problems. It is very hard to have an apple device glitch fatally . Event the old ones. I think moving outlets might be a good idea. Also, you can try and straighten the chord near where it plugs into your iPad. That will make the fibers inside better connect.

Best, Deezee

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 10:55 PM in response to AlyB3ast95

Hello there, AlyB3ast

Thank you for using Apple support

First, try using a different outlet, reset the outlet, or just use a different power cube if you have one. If the icon it lighting up, then it’s not an outlet problem. You can visit here for some things you can try that are likely to fix your issue If your iPad won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If you could please tell me your device model, I can help you narrow problems. It is very hard to have an apple device glitch fatally . Event the old ones. I think moving outlets might be a good idea. Also, you can try and straighten the chord near where it plugs into your iPad. That will make the fibers inside better connect.

Best, Deezee

My iPad randomly will not turn on, it gets stuck saying that the battery is low and to plug in, I plugged it in and let it set, nothing, so I hold down the home button and lock sleep button for multiple minutes, and still nothing. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.