Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did it stop working and how do I have it fixed ?

My Face ID suddenly stopped working several months ago after a software backup and I didn’t have the fyi about one of the past updates being a common issue meanwhile I had no idea and have updated to the newest update hoping it will fix but I have tried every I’ve seen on YouTube and it tells me TrueDepth camera yet it isn’t because I did that turnt the light downs holding flashlight top of phone with the true depth turning up as i am holding the light checking but having to use pin every time has been very inconvenient for cost of phone that a main feature suddenly stops having to not know what to do for past several months and updates

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 4:34 AM

Does your iPhone show any error while trying to use Face ID?

Check this article to see if it helps you out fixing the issue:

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If you still have problems with Face ID, you may need to contact Apple Support to obtain further assistance, or you may need to take the device to an Apple Store or AASP to get it fixed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 4:34 AM in response to Bluedog-311

Does your iPhone show any error while trying to use Face ID?

Check this article to see if it helps you out fixing the issue:

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If you still have problems with Face ID, you may need to contact Apple Support to obtain further assistance, or you may need to take the device to an Apple Store or AASP to get it fixed.

Why did it stop working and how do I have it fixed ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.