Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tab Groups don't work

I think I could really use Tab Groups, but they don't work. I've tried several ways of using them.

• The web sites lock and you can't open them.
  • I can't delete one site from the over view. It does not delete the one I want to delete. It picks another one and deletes that.
  • Sometimes the tabs in the group just disapear
  • Often the over view just doesn't work.
  • I can't add sites to an already existing Tab Group. Just won't do it.

Be nice if we could get this unfunctional feature off Safari and go back to the old format.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 1:50 AM

What happens if you control click the tab and close it, Site Favicon should change to an "X".

Click the "Close Tab" button.

If Safari doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 19, 2022 2:48 AM in response to dominic23

One of several things happens. Sometimes the tab disappears. I don't know if the site disappears from the tab group because, tab groups are never that stable. Other times, nothing happens. Sometimes, the tab turns into an empty field, which won't receive any new input. At this point, I close the entire window because it seems to freeze at that point.

Tab Groups don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.