Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tab groups tabs don't revert to original

In Safari 15.0, I created a tab group with four tabs. Later, while talking with a client, without thinking I used two of these tabs for sites outside the group. Afterward I saw that the original contents of the tab group had changed because of this. When I tried to restore the original tab group, its original contents had changed.

I can manually change the two changed tabs back to their originals. Or I can try to remind myself to use a particular group or no group each time I switch sites. But that wastes time and gets in the way of my work flow.

My question is: Is there a way to make a tab group's contents permanent unless I deliberately change them using a special command? It seems to me that changes I accidentally make while busy working should revert to their originals at some point, or alternately, the changed group I used should not change the original.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:57 AM

Kenneth Cohen1 wrote:

In Safari 15.0, I created a tab group with four tabs. Later, while talking with a client, without thinking I used two of these tabs for sites outside the group. Afterward I saw that the original contents of the tab group had changed because of this. When I tried to restore the original tab group, its original contents had changed.

I can manually change the two changed tabs back to their originals. Or I can try to remind myself to use a particular group or no group each time I switch sites. But that wastes time and gets in the way of my work flow.

My question is: Is there a way to make a tab group's contents permanent unless I deliberately change them using a special command? It seems to me that changes I accidentally make while busy working should revert to their originals at some point, or alternately, the changed group I used should not change the original.

See if there is anything here:

Group tabs in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Arrange tabs in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If no resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 8:57 AM in response to Kenneth Cohen1

Kenneth Cohen1 wrote:

See if there is anything here:

Group tabs in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Arrange tabs in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If no resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

tab groups tabs don't revert to original

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.