Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders app appears blank after update to Monterrey 12.2.1

Hello,

After my iMac updated automatically, Reminders app appears blank.

I booted my Mac into safe mode and the issue continues even when creating new Reminder in the app and trying to visualize them using the menu.

Reminders are working fine on my iPhone and iPad, the issue is only happening on my iMac with Monterrey 12.2.1.

Does anyone face the same problem? Did you get it fix? If so, how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏🏻

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 11:50 AM

Thank you for reply Sparks.

The following was the one that worked out for me:

Turn off iCloud Calendar and iCloud Reminders, then turn it back on

1. Quit the Calendar and Reminders apps.

Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

3. Deselect Calendars and Reminders.*

4. Close System Preferences and wait about a minute.

5. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

6. Select Calendars and Reminders.

7. Open Calendar and Reminders.

Now its working fine again. Thanks

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 11:50 AM in response to Sparks0829

Thank you for reply Sparks.

The following was the one that worked out for me:

Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

5. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

Now its working fine again. Thanks

Mar 20, 2022 8:38 AM in response to jdiego360

Hi there jdiego360,

If your Reminders aren't syncing as expected and you're unable to see them on your Mac, you'll want to start with these steps:

Things to check first
1. Check if you still need help after each of the steps below.
2. Check the system status of iCloud Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders.
3. If a reminder isn't showing up on some devices, make sure that you're running the latest iOS, iPadOS, or macOS on each device. Upgraded reminders and shared reminders in iOS 13 or later or macOS Catalina or later aren't compatible with earlier versions of iOS or macOS. Learn more.
4. Make sure that the date and time settings on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC are correct.
Make sure that you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Then, check that you turned on Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders* in your iCloud settings.
5. Check your Internet connection. Open Safari and go to www.apple.com. If you can’t open the page, learn what to do.
6. Check that you can access secure websites. Open Safari and go to your Apple ID account page. If the website won't open, contact your Internet service provider for help.
7. Make sure that you haven't exceeded your iCloud storage limit or the storage limits for iCloud Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders.

If you still can't see your Reminders on your Mac after checking the items above, work through these suggested steps:

macOS
After each step, check your contacts, calendars, or reminders.

Refresh your calendars and reminders
1. You can refresh your calendars from the Calendars app:
2. Open the Calendar app.
3. Choose View.
4. Refresh Calendars.
Since the iCloud Birthdays calendar updates hourly, you might not see changes to birthdays in the Contacts or Calendars app for an hour.

To refresh your reminders, quit the Reminders app and then open it again.
Check your default Calendar, Reminders, and Contacts account
If you store and edit your events in iCloud instead of another place, like On My Mac, Exchange, or Google, then iCloud automatically updates your calendars. If you use multiple accounts on your Mac like iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo, make sure that iCloud is your default Calendar account:
1. Open the Calendar app.
2. Choose Calendar > Preferences.
3. In the General tab, make sure that one of your iCloud calendars is the default.

If you store and edit your contacts in iCloud instead of another place, like On My Mac, Exchange, or Google, then iCloud automatically updates your contacts. If you use multiple accounts on your Mac like iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo, make sure that iCloud is your default Contacts account:
1. Open the Contacts app.
2. Choose Contacts > Accounts.
3. Click the iCloud tab and make sure that you're signed in with your Apple ID.

As long as you've turned on Reminders in System Preferences, you see your iCloud reminders on your Mac.

You'll find these steps here: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

Take care.

Reminders app appears blank after update to Monterrey 12.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.