Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying airpods max w/ applecare+ on Amazon

If I were to buy those through amazon and the item was defective and needed a replacement, would I be able to go to an apple store and have them replaced directly from apple if they determined it was needed? Or would I have to contact amazon for a replacement

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:51 PM

Hisokie Said:

"Buying airpods max w/ applecare+ on Amazon: If I were to buy those through amazon and the item was defective and needed a replacement, would I be able to go to an apple store and have them replaced directly from apple if they determined it was needed? Or would I have to contact amazon for a replacement"

-------

Going Through Amazon:

First, see if these are genuine. If not, then contact Amazon, requesting a return.

Verifying Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/.
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and that is likely why you are getting the issue of connectivity.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 9:51 PM in response to Hisokie

Hisokie Said:

"Buying airpods max w/ applecare+ on Amazon: If I were to buy those through amazon and the item was defective and needed a replacement, would I be able to go to an apple store and have them replaced directly from apple if they determined it was needed? Or would I have to contact amazon for a replacement"

-------

Going Through Amazon:

First, see if these are genuine. If not, then contact Amazon, requesting a return.

Verifying Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/.
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and that is likely why you are getting the issue of connectivity.

Buying airpods max w/ applecare+ on Amazon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.