Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

there seems to be some problem with my Apple ID that is preventing my effective connection to the internet

After using the migration assistant to transfer everything from an old iMac to a new one (Monterey 12.2.1.), there seems to be some problem with my Apple ID that is preventing my effective connection to the internet. I show that I am connected to my home network, but clearly nothing is being communicated across it.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 8:49 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 19, 2022 9:26 AM in response to KiltedTim

Well, I was getting an error message about my Apple ID, when I re-started, but now I am not. Instead, none of my inter net accounts are ?enabled. In system preferences, when I click on iCloud I am asked to sign in with my Apple ID. It takes forever to accept my username. Then it asks for my PW, takes forever, (I am quite sure I am putting it in correctly) and I get the message "There was an error connecting to the Apple server". The same thing happens to my Exchange server. Any website I usually go to on Safari the little blue line goes a short distance and hangs up. Thanks.

there seems to be some problem with my Apple ID that is preventing my effective connection to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.