Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time machine message says files cannot be restored

Running Mac mini M1 under macOS Monterey 12.3. When I try to restore from Time machine I get a message that says files cannot be restored. I followed all of Apples suggestions. Not sure if Time machine is backing up properly in the first place. Time machine drive hooked directly to Mac mini. All usb cables have been check and are ok. What am I doing incorrectly?

Bill

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 9:29 AM

billd6 wrote:

Running Mac mini M1 under macOS Monterey 12.3.

When I try to restore from Time machine I get a message that says files cannot be restored. I followed all of Apples suggestions. Not sure if Time machine is backing up properly in the first place. Time machine drive hooked directly to Mac mini. All usb cables have been check and are ok. What am I doing incorrectly?

Bill

Old issue, new issue, what changed?

Restore why... what is the issue having to restore?

Try a alternate backup if you have issues with that particular TM backup(?)

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

Restore your Mac from a backup https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203981

Back up your Mac with Time Machine: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 9:29 AM in response to billd6

billd6 wrote:

Running Mac mini M1 under macOS Monterey 12.3.

When I try to restore from Time machine I get a message that says files cannot be restored. I followed all of Apples suggestions. Not sure if Time machine is backing up properly in the first place. Time machine drive hooked directly to Mac mini. All usb cables have been check and are ok. What am I doing incorrectly?

Bill

Old issue, new issue, what changed?

Restore why... what is the issue having to restore?

Try a alternate backup if you have issues with that particular TM backup(?)

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

Restore your Mac from a backup https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203981

Back up your Mac with Time Machine: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Time machine message says files cannot be restored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.