Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail: 'All Inboxes' disappeared, and when I added it again, it contained no messages

I accidentally deleted 'All Inboxes' from the left 'column' navigation in Apple Mail. I added it again using the '+' sign, but now it is empty. Previously, it included all inboxes from all of my email addresses, from newest down to oldest. How do I get email content in 'My Inboxes' again?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 11:25 AM

playethic wrote:

Hi LeroyDouglas - I appreciate your replying but I don't understand it?

You have to click on the hotlink an read on how to rebuild the mailbox

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

you can verify your IMAP server is connected:

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

if you do not see green lights, then use the >Show Details to trouble shoot further. You can always contact your provider of your email an rule out a IMAP server issue—which would be beyond your control, unless you did not pay your bill.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 11:25 AM in response to playethic

playethic wrote:

Hi LeroyDouglas - I appreciate your replying but I don't understand it?

You have to click on the hotlink an read on how to rebuild the mailbox

you can verify your IMAP server is connected:

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

if you do not see green lights, then use the >Show Details to trouble shoot further. You can always contact your provider of your email an rule out a IMAP server issue—which would be beyond your control, unless you did not pay your bill.

Mar 19, 2022 10:55 AM in response to playethic

playethic wrote:

I accidentally deleted 'All Inboxes' from the left 'column' navigation in Apple Mail. I added it again using the '+' sign, but now it is empty. Previously, it included all inboxes from all of my email addresses, from newest down to oldest. How do I get email content in 'My Inboxes' again?

IMAP email account the inbox remains on the server—this is how it sync across devices.

Apple Mail: 'All Inboxes' disappeared, and when I added it again, it contained no messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.