Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Library --> Apple TV+

I'm signed in on my iTunes app and the Apple TV app, apple ID is the same and login works but I still can't see my library from iTunes on apple tv app what am I doing wrong? I've signed out/in, reinstalled, and even reset my TV. Still no joy.

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 2:58 PM

The Apple TV+ app offers just Apple TV+ (Apple Originals) subscription content.

The Apple TV app offers Apple TV+, and iTunes Store buy and rent titles, and Apple TV app subscription Channels.

For local files that you added to the iTunes application, that would require Home Sharing with the Apple TV box.

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

Standalone Apple TV+ app launches on older smart TVs - 9to5Mac

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 2:58 PM in response to mrpenn46

The Apple TV+ app offers just Apple TV+ (Apple Originals) subscription content.

The Apple TV app offers Apple TV+, and iTunes Store buy and rent titles, and Apple TV app subscription Channels.

For local files that you added to the iTunes application, that would require Home Sharing with the Apple TV box.

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

Standalone Apple TV+ app launches on older smart TVs - 9to5Mac

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

Mar 20, 2022 12:30 AM in response to mrpenn46

On what device do you have the Apple TV app?

Is it the Apple TV app or the Apple TV+ app? The latter is available on select devices, and doesn’t have a Library by design.

If this is about Home Sharing, then please be aware that the Apple TV app on the Apple TV box or on third party devices doesn’t support Home Sharing. On the Apple TV box, Home Sharing works via the Computers app. On third party devices, Apple Home Sharing isn’t supported.

iTunes Library --> Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.