Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location of lost Iphone

Hi, I lost my Iphone 11 and marked it lost; today I received a message from Apple support that my lost phone has been switched on at a particular location; but I was unable to track the location from the link provided as the link is not working.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 1:59 PM

The link may not have been from Apple. A common phishing scam is to send a message that appears to be from Apple and when you respond you divulge your Apple ID & password. That is then used to turn off Find My and to make the phone usable/sellable.

If that is what happened (and it unfortunately sounds like it is), immediately change your Apple password if possible and see the other steps recommended in If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 1:59 PM in response to MNMUNEER

The link may not have been from Apple. A common phishing scam is to send a message that appears to be from Apple and when you respond you divulge your Apple ID & password. That is then used to turn off Find My and to make the phone usable/sellable.

If that is what happened (and it unfortunately sounds like it is), immediately change your Apple password if possible and see the other steps recommended in If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Location of lost Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.