Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "Use Family Storage" option presented so I can switch wife's MacBook to Family Storage Plan

I just signed up for iCloud+ 2TB. I have set up Family Storage for me and my wife. My wife was already on a separate 200gb iCloud storage subscription, and I want to migrate her to the family plan. We confirmed on her MacBook (on Big Sur 11.6.5) that she is in Family Sharing, in the family where I am the Organizer. According to the directions at Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support to "switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan," on her Mac, we followed this process

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing.  
  2. Click iCloud Storage.
  3. Click Use Family Storage. 

Step 3, "Use Family Storage," is not presented as an option. I have attached a shot of what comes up after step 2. Please advise!

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 3:45 PM

Before she can switch, you first need to (on your Mac) use the instructions below from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family

To share iCloud+, you need iOS 11 or later, iPadOS, or macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. For the best experience, make sure your family members' devices meet these requirements, too.

On your Mac

1. If you haven't set up Family Sharing yet, set up Family Sharing
  2. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing. 
  3. Click iCloud Storage. 
  4. Click Share. 
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Then she can use the instructions in the "Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan" section of that support article on her Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 3:45 PM in response to Smytheville

Before she can switch, you first need to (on your Mac) use the instructions below from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family

To share iCloud+, you need iOS 11 or later, iPadOS, or macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. For the best experience, make sure your family members' devices meet these requirements, too.

On your Mac

1. If you haven't set up Family Sharing yet, set up Family Sharing
  2. Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing. 
  3. Click iCloud Storage. 
  4. Click Share. 
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Then she can use the instructions in the "Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan" section of that support article on her Mac.

No "Use Family Storage" option presented so I can switch wife's MacBook to Family Storage Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.