Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off the WiFi on my watch or does it need to be on to communicate with my IPhone?

How do I keep the Wi-Fi from connecting on my SE watch or does it need to be on to communicate with my phone? Trying to keep battery from discharging so fast. Down to 60% by bedtime. Don’t use it for any reason during the day.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2022 5:10 PM

Turning off WiFi

Drag up the control panel from the very bottom edge of your Apple Watch.

Tap on the Blue WiFi icon to turn it off.

Note: you will see that my Apple Watch is at 66% at around 7:30pm, and I put it on this morning at 9:30am (Saturday, when I can sleep in). This is a 3 years, 4 month old Series 4. I will put it back on the charger around 11:30pm, when it will have somewhere in the 40% range.

It is extremely rare that my Apple Watch will run out of charge during the day. And when that happens, I power cycle the Apple Watch, and that generally gets things back to normal.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2022 5:10 PM in response to Bobm720

Turning off WiFi

Drag up the control panel from the very bottom edge of your Apple Watch.

Tap on the Blue WiFi icon to turn it off.

Note: you will see that my Apple Watch is at 66% at around 7:30pm, and I put it on this morning at 9:30am (Saturday, when I can sleep in). This is a 3 years, 4 month old Series 4. I will put it back on the charger around 11:30pm, when it will have somewhere in the 40% range.

It is extremely rare that my Apple Watch will run out of charge during the day. And when that happens, I power cycle the Apple Watch, and that generally gets things back to normal.

Mar 20, 2022 5:55 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes I receive notifications. I take off charging around 6.30am and charge again the following morning around 5am. So I guess it’s not so bad. I am new to the watch so was looking for information on where I should be as far as the percentage of battery I should have left at the end of the day. How often I need to charge it. Thank you for all the info.

Mar 22, 2022 7:47 PM in response to BobHarris

That is exactly what my son and daughter-in-law do so they can track their sleep information. I'm happy to take mine off at night and put it back on in the morning. Like you, I start by putting on around 7am, then put it back on the charger around 11pm, after a full day of work and quite a bit of email, notifications, and texts. It is at around 55% when I put it back on.

How can I turn off the WiFi on my watch or does it need to be on to communicate with my IPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.