Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong default keychain

Somehow one of my custom keychains for developer certificates has become my default keychain after I have updated to MacOS Monterey. I cannot find any way to get rid of it, and change my login-keychain back to default. I have now tried to delete the xxReleaseKeychain-db file on disk, but it still stays in the Default Keychains section, but now with a (i) in the corner of the icon. How do I get rid of this keychain and make my login-keychain the default again?

I know there is a "Reset Default Keychains" option in Preferences, but I cannot loose all items in both my iCloud and login keychains!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 7:07 AM

Me neither, it is so weird. But I believe I have just found a solution. I could change the default Keychain from command line using this command:

security default-keychain -d user -s /Users/<username>/Library/Keychains/login.keychain-db

I hope everything is back to normal now 🤞🏻

2 replies

Mar 20, 2022 7:03 AM in response to Lars Kringelbach

Lars Kringelbach wrote:

Somehow one of my custom keychains for developer certificates has become my default keychain after I have updated to MacOS Monterey. I cannot find any way to get rid of it, and change my login-keychain back to default. I have now tried to delete the xxReleaseKeychain-db file on disk, but it still stays in the Default Keychains section, but now with a (i) in the corner of the icon. How do I get rid of this keychain and make my login-keychain the default again?

I know there is a "Reset Default Keychains" option in Preferences, but I cannot loose all items in both my iCloud and login keychains!

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/942ea975-5a48-4d73-b23a-e03f7b557c0d

Hmmm. .. never seen this before.

There is a developers forum: https://discussions.apple.com/community/developer_forums

Wrong default keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.