Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby vision error

Does anyone else experience a failure in Dolby vision? Screen is flickering as crazy in Dolby vision! When I’m changing source to my tv’s built in player ( LG) the screen is immaculate. And, yes I have the right hdmi cable

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 3:13 PM

It's likely that your LG TV, assuming it truly supports Dolby Vision, requires the use of one or two specific HDMI ports that support HDMI v2.1 (rather than only HDMI 2.0). It's also likely that you need to enable advanced HDR/Deep Color/Dolby Vision features for the specific HDMI port that your ATV4K is connected to using your TV Settings menus.

Here's Apple's recommended reading on the topic: About 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 3:13 PM in response to tobbe7060

It's likely that your LG TV, assuming it truly supports Dolby Vision, requires the use of one or two specific HDMI ports that support HDMI v2.1 (rather than only HDMI 2.0). It's also likely that you need to enable advanced HDR/Deep Color/Dolby Vision features for the specific HDMI port that your ATV4K is connected to using your TV Settings menus.

Here's Apple's recommended reading on the topic: About 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision on your Apple TV 4K.

Dolby vision error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.