You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 12 pro max stuck when updating ios 15.4 in black page titled : updating apple id settings... please help me

my iphone 12 pro max stuck when updating ios 15.4 in black page titled : updating apple id settings...

and afret about 12 hours and try so many ways, still stuck

they told me the only way now is to reset factory and i have no back up

please help me

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 2:25 PM

Force restart it is your first way out.

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

You will have been advised to back up before updating.

If iCloud backup was turned off then you made that deliberate decision to ride bareback.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 20, 2022 2:25 PM in response to foadgram

Force restart it is your first way out.

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

You will have been advised to back up before updating.

If iCloud backup was turned off then you made that deliberate decision to ride bareback.

Apr 19, 2022 3:21 PM in response to dhigh52

No the update is very stable, lots of people volunteered to test the public betas. Join in if you wish.

If you have regular backups then you could DFU it and restore your backup.

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2)Recovery mode or DFU

If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch –

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

(Apple Support (UK)

my iphone 12 pro max stuck when updating ios 15.4 in black page titled : updating apple id settings... please help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.