You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

corrupted files on iPhone 13

apple support tells me to reset factory settings on my iPhone but not back up from cloud as some apps or data may be corrupted. How do I proceed to get back my apps and data?

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 2:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 2:50 PM

Data needs to be exported before you reset it. Photos and documents can be moved to iCloud Drive. or you may have iCloud Photos already set up. You would lose all text and social history. Apps can be redownloaded but you will lose som data from apps that do not have a account.

If the phone is currently unusable then all data will be lost.

Personally I would backup, restore to factory then restore from backup to see if the problem is fixed, then if you still have the same problem do as they say.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2022 2:50 PM in response to blindberg

Data needs to be exported before you reset it. Photos and documents can be moved to iCloud Drive. or you may have iCloud Photos already set up. You would lose all text and social history. Apps can be redownloaded but you will lose som data from apps that do not have a account.

If the phone is currently unusable then all data will be lost.

Personally I would backup, restore to factory then restore from backup to see if the problem is fixed, then if you still have the same problem do as they say.

corrupted files on iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.