Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey Update Won't Load

Running Big Sur version 11.6.2 on my 2017 iMac. Trying to update, but the updater just keeps beachballing. Any suggestions?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 2:19 AM

Q - " Running Big Sur version 11.6.2 on my 2017 iMac. Trying to update, but the updater just keeps beachballing. Any suggestions?"

A - Surprised the Software Update Applet has not alerted the user that there are several updates to the Existing Big Sur. The current version of Big Sur is 11.6.5

Have seen several persons attempting the Monterey upGrade with computer that are not yet fully up-to-date on their current installed version. There results have not allow been favourable including Failed upGrades to Monterey.

Suggestions >>

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal. And then attempt to update the existing Big Sur to 11.6.5

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 2:19 AM in response to TylerR206

Q - " Running Big Sur version 11.6.2 on my 2017 iMac. Trying to update, but the updater just keeps beachballing. Any suggestions?"

A - Surprised the Software Update Applet has not alerted the user that there are several updates to the Existing Big Sur. The current version of Big Sur is 11.6.5

Have seen several persons attempting the Monterey upGrade with computer that are not yet fully up-to-date on their current installed version. There results have not allow been favourable including Failed upGrades to Monterey.

Suggestions >>

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal. And then attempt to update the existing Big Sur to 11.6.5

MacOS Monterey Update Won't Load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.