Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network printer disconnects within 2 minutes of each use

Since upgrading to Mac OS 12.3, my printer now "goes offline" every time I use it.

The IP address is hardwired on the machine, so that's static/unchanging. Clearly the Macbook has an issue since other devices on the network do not.

I have also updated the printer's firmware, and updated the drivers - it's a Canon MF743Cdw and the latest drivers cover up to 12.1. Perhaps Apple changed something in a 12.2 or 12.3 release to cause this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 12:13 PM

Hello carSF,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. This article has some steps to take if you experience issues with printers and your Mac.

Solve printing problems on Mac

We hope this helps!

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 5, 2022 7:13 AM in response to merlinapple

No offense but the link provided no help. Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support. I am having the same issue. I am having the same issue with my wifi printer and my AppleTVs. I can print from my iphones and windows machines without any issues, but my wife and I cant print form our MBPs unless we disable, then enable our wifi connections on our laptops. Only after that can we print, scan or use homeplay on our appleTVs. Ive tried deleting our wifi network and re-adding it, Ive also updated all the AppleTVs, laptops and printer with the latest version of firmware with no avail. Im betting a MBP update caused this to happen. After about 2-5 minutes of no use, both laptops cannot print or scan. Same with AppleTV. I can view any movies on my laptop. everything works immediately after I turn off, then turn back on the wifi on my (and my wife's) laptop. I can upload video if that helps. I can repeat the issue every time.

only until after I reset the Wifi Network interface on the laptop (step 1 & 2 below) will the printer (and AppleTV) become available (step 3 & 4 below).

Network printer disconnects within 2 minutes of each use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.