Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer Applecare+ to new owner

I am looking to buy a used computer that already has 1 year of AppleCare+ on it.

What must the seller do to transfer the warranty to me?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 7:41 PM

Transfer your AppleCare plan:

If you sell or give away your device, you might be able to transfer your AppleCare plan to the new owner.

1. Sign in to My Support to get the AppleCare agreement number, the serial number of the device, and the proof of coverage for the AppleCare plan.
  2. Find the original sales receipt for the device.
  3. Get the new owner’s name, address, email address, and phone number.
  4. Contact Apple Support.

For some AppleCare plan types, and in some countries or regions, you might not be able to transfer an AppleCare plan to a new owner. For details, review the applicable AppleCare Terms and Conditions. If you’re not sure which plan you have, check your coverage.

If you pay monthly:

If you make monthly payments* for your AppleCare plan, the plan is linked to your Apple ID and can't be transferred to a new owner.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 7:41 PM in response to qwertyuiopm

Transfer your AppleCare plan:

If you sell or give away your device, you might be able to transfer your AppleCare plan to the new owner.

1. Sign in to My Support to get the AppleCare agreement number, the serial number of the device, and the proof of coverage for the AppleCare plan.
  2. Find the original sales receipt for the device.
  3. Get the new owner’s name, address, email address, and phone number.
  4. Contact Apple Support.

For some AppleCare plan types, and in some countries or regions, you might not be able to transfer an AppleCare plan to a new owner. For details, review the applicable AppleCare Terms and Conditions. If you’re not sure which plan you have, check your coverage.

If you pay monthly:

If you make monthly payments* for your AppleCare plan, the plan is linked to your Apple ID and can't be transferred to a new owner.

How to transfer Applecare+ to new owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.