Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app automation no longer works. Why no?

How do I get home pod automation to turn on lights when I get home just as it use to?

HomePod, 15

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 12:01 AM

Hi Carbarr,

your best bet is to review the ‘creating scenes and automations in home app’document from Apple Support.

Create scenes and automations with the Home app - Apple Support

As to why any automations you had previously setup no longer work?

in the home app under automations, are your automations still listed?

If so, under each automation will have a test automation. What happens when you use test?If that doesn’t work, try testing each device individually-manually. Home is still controlling each device individually?

You’ve updated iPhone and HomePod to the latest 15.4? Have you checked for updates on each individual device connected to home?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 12:01 AM in response to carbarr

Hi Carbarr,

your best bet is to review the ‘creating scenes and automations in home app’document from Apple Support.

Create scenes and automations with the Home app - Apple Support

As to why any automations you had previously setup no longer work?

in the home app under automations, are your automations still listed?

If so, under each automation will have a test automation. What happens when you use test?If that doesn’t work, try testing each device individually-manually. Home is still controlling each device individually?

You’ve updated iPhone and HomePod to the latest 15.4? Have you checked for updates on each individual device connected to home?

Mar 22, 2022 1:25 PM in response to carbarr

A Homepod update will display on both the iPad and iPhone because they both access data in the Home Hub (which works like a local cloud). You have to be careful to not disrupt an update as it could brick the Homepod but eventually you might need to unplug and restart the Homepod and check whether the update was successful by looking at the version number in the Home app.

For what it is worth, I recently abandoned my Wemo devices and replaced the power outlets with Cygnett ones that use wifi but don't need a bridge (I found the Wemo bridge needed regular restarts).

Home app automation no longer works. Why no?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.