Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning the keyboard on an M1 MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

I can find no way to disable the auto-boot of my MBP M1 when the lid is opened. If I power it down when open, as soon as I wipe the keys it goes back on. On the intel Macs there was a terminal command

sudo nvram AutoBoot=%00

but apparently it doesn't work on the MBP with M1 chip. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Ron

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 4:01 AM

RonElDoradoHills wrote:

I can find no way to disable the auto-boot of my MBP M1 when the lid is opened. If I power it down when open, as soon as I wipe the keys it goes back on. On the intel Macs there was a terminal command
sudo nvram AutoBoot=%00
Thanks
Ron

I would not w/ Terminal for this effort.

I simply use the Control Command Q

this in effect locks the screen and does not register spurious keyboard input until you enter your correct psswd.

(You can mute the sound, and turn the display light to zero if it helps and/or makes you feel better)

How to clean your Apple products

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro

submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 4:01 AM in response to RonElDoradoHills

RonElDoradoHills wrote:

sudo nvram AutoBoot=%00
Thanks
Ron

I would not w/ Terminal for this effort.

I simply use the Control Command Q

this in effect locks the screen and does not register spurious keyboard input until you enter your correct psswd.

(You can mute the sound, and turn the display light to zero if it helps and/or makes you feel better)

How to clean your Apple products

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro

submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Cleaning the keyboard on an M1 MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.