Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID (idmsa.apple.com) blocking DigitalOcean IPs

Hi there,

I using a DigitalOcean server as a personal VPN, but I just found that I can't access Apple services through this VPN (the Apple servers responded 502 bad gateway error).

I researched and it seems that Apple is blocking some cloud providers like DO, Vultr,...

So I want to ask if I can get rid of this issue? Can Apple add my IP to the whitelist or anyway else?

Thanks a lot.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 5:38 AM

I want to ask because my company also use DO a lot, and since Apple blocking it, I'm just worrying a bit. Additional, another cheap cloud provider like Linode was'n blocked like DO.

But it's okay to be close now because I can't do anything.

Thanks.

6 replies

Mar 21, 2022 8:24 PM in response to etresoft

It seems not a VPN problem, because all servers on DigitalOcean can't access some services of Apple.

I found a lot of threads of the same problem: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/apple-is-blocking-digitalocean-ips-thus-my-droplet-how-to-bypass-that

Anyway, I think the best way is to try another server instead of DigitalOcean to set up my VPN.

Mar 22, 2022 8:46 AM in response to bahung1221

bahung1221 wrote:

I want to ask because my company also use DO a lot, and since Apple blocking it, I'm just worrying a bit. Additional, another cheap cloud provider like Linode was'n blocked like DO.

I doubt Apple is blocking it. The problem is more likely to be a misconfiguration or outgoing block at Digital Ocean. As I said above, I had difficultly on Digital Ocean making connections to other Digital Ocean services.

But it's okay to be close now because I can't do anything.

You can use any of a number of other services that work fine.

Apple ID (idmsa.apple.com) blocking DigitalOcean IPs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.