Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have had pictures saved in photos since 2015 now all of a sudden all the pictures from my phone automatically uploaded to my computer which never happens without me plugging my phone into my computer and now 2 years worth of pictures were deleted

i have had pictures saved in the photos icon on my computer since 2015 now all of a sudden all the pictures from my iphone automatically uploaded to my computer which never happens without me plugging my phone into my computer and now 2 years worth of pictures were deleted from my computer and i can't find how to get them back they are not in recently deleted

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 12:33 AM

To things check:

• You may have opened a different Photos Library then before. Launch Photos while holding down the options key to bring up the library chooser dialog. Select a different library from the list of libraries. Are your photos thee?
  • check the Preference settings for iCloud on your iPhone and in Photos Preferences >iCloud for your Mac. If iCloud Photos has become enabled on both devices, iCloud is keeping the Photos Libraries on both devices identical. Photos you delete on one device will be deleted everywhere.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 12:33 AM in response to santini901

To things check:

• You may have opened a different Photos Library then before. Launch Photos while holding down the options key to bring up the library chooser dialog. Select a different library from the list of libraries. Are your photos thee?
  • check the Preference settings for iCloud on your iPhone and in Photos Preferences >iCloud for your Mac. If iCloud Photos has become enabled on both devices, iCloud is keeping the Photos Libraries on both devices identical. Photos you delete on one device will be deleted everywhere.

i have had pictures saved in photos since 2015 now all of a sudden all the pictures from my phone automatically uploaded to my computer which never happens without me plugging my phone into my computer and now 2 years worth of pictures were deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.