Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I initiated an update of Monterey OS on my older MacBook Air. When it got to the install step, it froze with the Apple logo and the progress bar about 1/3 loaded. Then it froze for the last three day, no progress. How can I stop the install?

I have a MacBook Air and I downloaded Monterey OS. Unfortunately, during the final installation, it froze. I have a screen with only the Apple logo and a progress bar with 1/3 loaded-not moving for three days. I can’t get back to the screen to make commands or anything. What can I do?

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 10:49 PM

Hi,

You'd better force quit, then start up with Recovery mode and repair your boot drive with DiskUtility, then reinstall Monterey on your MacBook Air.

Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

3 replies

I initiated an update of Monterey OS on my older MacBook Air. When it got to the install step, it froze with the Apple logo and the progress bar about 1/3 loaded. Then it froze for the last three day, no progress. How can I stop the install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.