Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Progress bar is stuck on installation of Monterey OS

Am downloading an OS update, Monterey, on my MacBook Pro, but progress bar (with Apple icon above) has frozen. Tried booting out several time along with cmd+R keys but no go.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 1:02 PM

Maipambe wrote:

Am downloading an OS update, Monterey, on my MacBook Pro, but progress bar (with Apple icon above) has frozen. Tried booting out several time along with cmd+R keys but no go.

The progress bar can appear stuck— the idea is to let it finish...

If you still have an issue launch the installer from a SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

If you have the full installer (~12-13GB) it will be sitting in the Applications folder "Install macOS Monterey.app"

You can launch it from there.

If your SSD is choked to nearly full the installer will not have enough room to unpack and install the macOS

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 1:02 PM in response to Maipambe

Maipambe wrote:

The progress bar can appear stuck— the idea is to let it finish...

If you still have an issue launch the installer from a SafeBoot https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

If you have the full installer (~12-13GB) it will be sitting in the Applications folder "Install macOS Monterey.app"

You can launch it from there.

If your SSD is choked to nearly full the installer will not have enough room to unpack and install the macOS

Progress bar is stuck on installation of Monterey OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.