Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual monitors on my Mac Mini keep switching

I have dual monitors on my Mac mini and they keep switching. What can I do to make it stop?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 10:42 AM

It is computer sleep that is messing with the displays.

Go to the Energy Saver preference, check “Prevent computer from auto sleeping” and uncheck the rest of the boxes and test. Then with those settings, you should be able to allow the displays to shut off at a lesser time and then turn back on correctly.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 10:42 AM in response to Nib1998

It is computer sleep that is messing with the displays.

Go to the Energy Saver preference, check “Prevent computer from auto sleeping” and uncheck the rest of the boxes and test. Then with those settings, you should be able to allow the displays to shut off at a lesser time and then turn back on correctly.

Mar 21, 2022 8:26 AM in response to den.thed

I just purchased the Mac mini in November of 21 it is an M1 processor. One monitor is connected through the HDMI port and the other through the usb C. I'e switched the cords switched the monitors around reset the color profile on one of them. Went to mission control and unchecked all the boxes. Every time it sleeps and comes back it changes screens now I have told it to sleep after 3 hrs. so I don't have to change the monitors back all the time.

Dual monitors on my Mac Mini keep switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.