Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos syncing

I had several photos libraries that I tried to merge by ,loading them each on my iMac to sync with iCloud Photos. Now my iMac does not sync with my iPhone, iPad, or my MacBook Pro. All are running the latest software. How do I get my iMac to sync with the rest of my devices? I have everything iCloud related turned on in system preferences for all devices

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 12:23 AM

Hi

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac and phone. It is possible one or more of the devices, or iCloud is full after the library merge.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 12:23 AM in response to David Mccollum1

Hi

First check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac and phone. It is possible one or more of the devices, or iCloud is full after the library merge.

Photos syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.